If you have never heard of the Message Templates feature, you can find a full knowledge base article on how to use them in your emails here.
What are Placeholders?
Placeholders are one of the multiple tools available within the Mailbutler Message Template feature. If you don’t know how to create a Message Template, you can learn more about it in this article.
Placeholders enable you to automatically fill in certain types of information using your Contacts app and your extended profile.
They work for both the sender and the recipient of the email.
This way, you will have message templates which will automatically fill certain fields, depending on your information or that of the recipient.
How do I use Placeholders?
In order to insert placeholders in your message templates:
1. Log in to your Dashboard -> got to Message Templates.
2. Click on New Template at the top.
3. Create your Message Template.
4. Click on Insert Placeholder.
5. Click inside the Message Template in the place you want the placeholder to appear.
6. Click on the drop down arrows next to Subject to select a placeholder.
6. You can now see the selected placeholder in your Message Template.
7. Your changes will be saved automatically.
8. You can now go to your email account and compose an email using your new Message Template.
9. To insert your Message Template, click on the Message Template icon in the Mailbutler Sidebar and select your Template.
10. Hover your mouse over the green marked Placeholders to reveal the content of the Placeholders.
11. Or click on the preview button to reveal the content of the Placeholders.
This is how you use placeholders. There is a last step that has to be done for it to work at its best potential.
Configure your contacts and extended profile
Placeholders take information from your Contacts application and also from your Mailbutler’s extended profile.
Make sure that all of the information you have is well placed in the correct fields in your Mailbutler extended profile and in your Contacts application. This will ensure that the Placeholders work properly.