This guide shows you how to remove Mailbutler from your system depending on the version of Mailbutler you have installed. If you need to re-install the plugin to get the newest version, just use the built-in update checker or follow the installation guide here.
Please select the software you are using for your emails.
Remove Mailbutler in Apple Mail
1. With Mail open and the Mailbutler Plug-in installed, go to the Menu Bar, and select "Help", then select "Uninstall Mailbutler".
Please note: If you can't find the "Uninstall Mailbutler…" menu item in Mail because the Plug-in couldn't be loaded, please uninstall by:
- Going to the Finder and from the Applications folder, launch the Mailbutler app.
- In Mailbutler's menubar, go to Help -> "Uninstall…"
How to manually uninstall Mailbutler in Apple Mail
If for some reason, uninstallation using the steps described above does not work for you, please follow these steps to manually uninstall Mailbutler:
- Quit Mail
- Go to Finder and press Cmd+Shift+G on your keyboard
- Enter /Library/Mail/Bundles and confirm
- Remove the Mailbutler.mailbundle folder
- Press Cmd+Shift+G on your keyboard again and enter /Library/Mail, then confirm
- Remove the Mailbutler folder
- Open up the Terminal app (in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder)
launchctl unload ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.mailbutler.agent.plistand hit "Enter" to execute the command (this is fine to fail for older versions of Mailbutler)
- Move the Mailbutler application from your Applications folder to the Trash
(Note: If the Finder forbids deleting the app because it's open, please open up the Activity Monitor application (in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder) first, find Mailbutler in the list and terminate it
- Clean up all other installed versions of Mailbutler, e.g. from your Downloads folder
- Finally, empty the Trash
Remove Mailbutler in Gmail
1. Open Gmail.
2. Right mouse click on the Puzzle icon at the top right of your browser. If pinned, the Mailbutler icon.
3. Click on the 3 dots.
4. Then click Remove from Chrome…
Remove Mailbutler in Outlook
1. Go to this link to manage your Outlook add-ins.
2. Select Mailbutler on the list.
3. At the top of the list, hit the – (minus) button to remove the selected add-in.
4. Mailbutler will now be removed across all your Outlook versions for that account.