How to undo a sent email
Note: Some email clients, like Gmail and Outlook, already have a similar feature built-in. This is why Mailbutler's Undo Send feature is currently only available for Apple Mail.
You have multiple ways of stopping a message from being sent.
1. Compose your message and click on the Send button.
2. A message will pop up from your menu bar, giving you the option to recall your email or to send it immediately. Click on the Undo Send button to recall or edit your email. Click on the Send button to send the email without further delay.
3. In your Mailbutler Account Settings you can choose whether you want to have the Undo Send icon in your menu bar always, only when necessary or never (see here for more information). If you select never, you cannot recall a message from your menu bar. Instead, you can recall a message from your outbox in Apple Mail.
How to enable/disable Undo Send by default
1. Open Apple Mail and click on the Account Settings (⚙) button, then Preferences.
3. In General, check enable Undo Send and set the amount of time you want your message to be delayed for.
How to disable the Undo Send menu bar icon and/or the Undo Send popover
1. Open Apple Mail and click on the Account Settings (⚙) button, then on Preferences.
2. In the new window that opens, click on the Account Settings button in the top right corner and then hover over Undo Send.
3. To disable the Undo Send menu bar icon, hover over Show menu bar icon and select Never.
4. You can no longer recall a message from your menu bar. Instead, you can recall a message from your outbox in Apple Mail.
5. To disable the Undo Send popover, click on Always Show popover.
6. You will no longer see the Undo Send popover. To recall a message, you will need to click on the Undo Send menu bar icon to display the popover.